Sunday, January 25, 2009

Crock Pot Challenge - Week Two

crock-pot-ch-01


Welcome to week two of my crock pot challenge! How did you do last week? Did you get any good recipes ideas from other participants? My beef stroganoff needs some tweeking, but my chicken and salsa was great as usual.


I have made a vow to use my crock pot at least twice a week. I am sharing that challenge with all of you. Now, you don’t have use your crock pot twice if you don’t want - even just once is enough. The goal is to make dinnertime easier!


I will post my recipes here. You can grab the button from the side and post about it on your site. Then link back here. Hopefully we can share some great recipes and have some easy, yummy dinner ideas.


Here are my recipes for this week:


Chili


You need:


1 lb ground beef (could use ground turkey)


1 packet of chili soup mix


2 - 28 ounce cans of crushed or diced tomatos


Directions:


Crumble the hamburger (or turkey) into the crock pot. There is no need to brown first. Then add the other ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir once about halfway through cooking.


Notes:


I like to make a fun shaped pasta to serve this one. You could also serve over rice. I usually also have shredded cheese, sour cream, and onions to put on top. It's the perfect meal for a cold day in January!!



Chicken in BBQ Sauce

You need:


1 lb chicken breasts (can still be frozen)


1 bottle of BBQ sauce of your choice


Optional: Onion


Directions:


Put the chicken breasts in the crock pot and add the bottle of BBQ sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!



Let me know what you are cooking in your crock pot this week!












Enhanced by Zemanta

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics