Monday, September 22, 2008

Thanks

I would like to take a moment to thank Target and other stores for putting out their Halloween stuff a few weeks ago. Since then, my 3.5 year old, who has no concept of time, mind you, seems to think that Halloween is just around the corner. While it is, I guess, to a 3 year old, that means it is going to be, like, TOMORROW.


Every day, I hear this question from my 3 year old, "Mama, is Halloween in one more sleep??" I then tell her it's in about 45 sleeps or so. She does not like to hear that. She seems to think that it's now the time to go trick-or-treating and get lots of candy.


She also is always asking to see her costume. Now let me tell you about my 3 year old. If I show that thing to her, she will want to wear it all the time. And will be asking me daily if it's time to wear it. I am not ready for that battle yet, so we have yet to get out her costume. I suppose we should to make sure it fits….


Every weekend we "need" to go to Target to see their Halloween decorations. As of this weekend, our store pretty much has them all out. Then, as we try to wheel the cart through the Halloween stuff, my 3 year old has a fit that she is scared. *sigh* We can't win.


Anyway, like I said, I just wanted to thank the stores for getting my 3 year old in the Halloween spirit about 2 months early….

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Tarasview said...

tee hee - my 5 & 6 year olds are still wearing their ill-fittng costumes from last year! They wear them at least once per week! I gave up fighting it ages ago :)

Unknown said...

Ain't it a joy?
PS I tagged you at the Cafe.

Anonymous said...

We had to buy ours already so they would get off my back about it! They dress up first thing in the morning- little batman and bat-girl and pretend to fight crime. Its pretty cute actually...

Anonymous said...

oooh that's so cute! Poor little love, I know how it feels to want Halloween to happen NOW. At least she's not in the southern hemisphere where it's another 7 months away! lol

Anita

Anonymous said...

It seems to get earlier every year too! My 10 you son is counting down the days and I have not visited our local Target with him in tow yet...I've learned my lesson! :)

Minxy Mimi said...

I know what you mean! Jack is very excited and has changed his mind 5 times as to what he wants to be! Its a dragon for sure!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't get a whole lot better as they get older either. LOL! My youngest, who will be 13 in Dec. Has been banned from talking about Halloween until at LEAST October 1! That doesn't stop him from talking about it. Of course, he starts talking about the next halloween the day after the first one is over! And the earlier the stores put up their decorations, the longer I have to tell him "no halloween talk!!!"

 
Clicky Web Analytics