Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday night blues

As a working mom, I hate Sunday nights. Most of the evening is spent prepping for the week ahead and dreading the fact that there are now five days of work ahead of you again.

I think that one of my favorite things when I was on maternity leave both times (other than being home with my babies) was the fact that I didn't have to deal with that Sunday night dread of having to go to work the next day. It was just like any other evening.

I don't know why I can't just enjoy the evening but there seems to be this slight feeling of dread knowing that the alarm is going to go off at 5 AM the next morning and we have five full days of work before getting a few days off. Weekends always go too fast.

I think that the work week should be TWO days with FIVE days off for the SAME pay. Who's with me?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't work anymore, but I'd vote for your 2 days on, 5 days off!

I still get some of the sunday night blahs because it means my husband won't be able to help with the baby in the morning like he did on the weekend.

Lydia said...

I am with you! I am a SAHM now but didn't used to be. Even staying home Sundays are a drag. You have to make sure homework is done, laundry done, folded and put away, lunches packed and on and on. I like your work week better.

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Wouldn't that be great? *lol* My days off rotate, but I get every 3rd weekend off and I get like a double dollop of Sunday Night Blues. *yuck*

Anonymous said...

Nothing to add but I agree with the whole post; it's the same for me and I hate it!

Minxy Mimi said...

I get these same blues and feelings... Sunday afternoon it starts and it gets worse with each hour that passes. 2 days work for me!!!

Jenni said...

I am TOTALLY with you! Let's write to congress and make this happen!

 
Clicky Web Analytics