Thursday, September 25, 2008

Super easy recipe - Chicken Enchiladas

I thought I would share my super easy recipe for chicken enchiladas. It's a favorite for me.

What you need:

1 lb chicken breasts (can still be frozen)

tortillas

16 oz salsa

Mexican shredded cheese

Put the chicken breasts in a crock pot in the morning. Pour most of the jar of salsa over the chicken breasts. Cook on low all day. I usually cook mine for about 8-10 hours. At the end of this time, the chicken breasts should just fall apart, so I shred them with a couple of forks. I then put the the chicken in the tortillas with some cheese. I roll them up and put them in a pan. I pour the rest of the salsa over the enchiladas and put as much cheese as I would like on top. I then throw them in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes - really just enough to melt the cheese. I then serve them with some sour cream.

This is a big hit in our house and can really be quite healthy. It makes great leftovers too! Enjoy!!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics