Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Morning Meme - August 4th





1. School is around the corner for many of us. Have you started your back-to-school shopping yet? Do you get all of your back-to-school shopping done at one time? Or do you spread it out? Do you make back-to-school shopping special or fun for the kids? Or is it just another shopping trip? What about back-to-school clothes shopping? Do you budget what you’re going to spend on your children's’ wardrobes, or do you pay more attention to sales? Any back-to-school shopping tips you wish to share?

This question is an easy one for me. My girls are only 3 and going on 2 (August 24!). I haven't had to do back to school shopping yet. Riley will be going to preschool this fall, but we don't really have to get anything for her (I don't think, have to check the paperwork yet).

Once I do have back to school shopping, I think I probably will make it special for the girls. I know that my mom used to take a 1/2 day of vacation and take us shopping. I will probably do that with my girls too.

2. Is there a website/blog that you visit on a daily basis? Why this specific website/blog? How long have you been visiting this website/blog? Now list your next top two favorite websites/blogs (and yes, I know this is a hard question, but list the ones you REALLY look forward to reading). WHY do you love these websites/blogs so much?

Do Gmail and Google reader count? Because that is what I visit first every day. I look forward to see what new emails that I have and to see what updates have been made to the blogs in my reader. The third site I probably visit is msnbc.com. I like to be update to date on what's going on in the world.

That sort of sums up my morning online routine - Gmail, Google reader, msnbc.com. I have been doing this forever. I think it's a good way to start the day.

3. What book have you started with low expectations, and finished with tears in your eyes it was so good? Now please share with us a book that you think people MUST read. Why this book?

I can't think of a book that I started recently with low expectations. I have been pretty picky about what I read because if it's not really good, I won't finish it.

I can't think of a book that is a MUST read right now either (I am sort of useless today), but I did just finish Confessions of a Shopaholic and that was a good beach read if you are looking for something light to read this summer yet.

4. Are you concerned about credit and/or identity theft? What do you do to try and prevent it? How often do you shred documents and change your passwords? Have you ever checked your credit reports? Why or why not?

I am sort of concerned. Until recently, my credit was never that good to begin with, so I wasn't too worried. I try to only use secure sites and check my credit score often, so I am trying to keep a better eye on it now.


For more Monday Morning Meme, check out Write From Karen.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics