Monday, August 4, 2008

Menu Planning

I am a huge fan of menu planning. I have done it for years. I always figure I can't really grocery shop if I don't know what I am making for dinner.

Over at Simple Mom, I found a way to expand on what I already do.

I love the way she has theme nights. I also love that she plans 2 weeks of meals and then repeats them. I have always found that hardest part of cooking dinner is figuring out what to actually make.

I also started using Google Calendar as part of my meal planning like Simple Mom does. I like it because I have reminders emailed to me the day before.

Anyway, here's what our themes are:

Monday: Something simple
Tuesday: Pasta night
Wednesday: Stir-fry and rice
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Home-made pizza and salad
Saturday: Crockpot or try something new (alternating weeks)
Sunday: I make Brian grill something

That's what we are trying for now. I just implemented this last week, but so far so good.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Got to this post from your menu from 8/11

I like this idea! We have a hard and hectic time trying to decide what's for dinner because we only grocery shop every 2 weeks!

Thanks for the link and ideas!

 
Clicky Web Analytics