Monday, August 4, 2008

Confessions of a Shopaholic - My review


While we were on vacation a little bit ago, I read this book, Confessions of a Shopaholic, by Sophie Kinsella. I loved it! It was a perfect book to read while on vacation. In fact, I read it all in one afternoon while my 23 month old took a 4 hour nap an everyone else was on at the beach.

This book is the first one in Kinsella's Shopaholic series. It's not really a new book. I had it myself for probably a few years before I read it. My mom's group chose it as their book club book for August, so I figured it would be perfect to take with me on vacation.

The main character of this book, Rebecca Bloomwood, is quite likeable. The book is written from her point of view. She has a serious shopping habit and the way she rationalizes her purchases is quite laughable. At times, I almost laughed out loud. You can't help but feel a bit sorry for Rebecca as she finally gets caught up in her debt.

What I think:

I won't say anymore as I don't want to give too much of the book away, but if you are looking for a light, fun "beach" read, I highly recommend this book. You won't be disappointed.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Tena said...

She is one of my favorite authors when I am going for a fast, easy and fun read!!

P.S. Looks like you and I have something in common, I am a diet coke addict as well, wish I could get an IV put in, so that it could go straight to my veins, lol

ceztlavie said...

sophie kinsella is also one of my favorite authors. i have read all her books and have re-read them at least once.

 
Clicky Web Analytics