Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Making Memories

This last weekend, we took the girls camping. My in-laws were already there, so we met up with them. We went to Peninsula State Park in Door County. It was a gorgeous park. I loved it.

The big thing to do there is bike. We biked into town Saturday morning. That is a round trip of about 10 miles. I can't remember the last time I biked 10 miles. It was great (even though my legs felt like jello at the end of the ride).

We had some rain, but we just sat under the awning of my in-laws' camper and waited it out. It was fun to watch the expressions on their faces when there was a loud clap of thunder or hear them giggle if they ran out into the rain for a minute.

The water at the beach was quite cold, but the girls managed to have fun playing in the sand and do a little swimming. Why is it that for kid and swimming, the water is never too cold?? Grandpa played with them a bit in the water.

I don't remember my grandparents as they passed away when I was quite little, so it's such a joy to me to see the girls with their grandparents.

I started thinking about how neat it was that we do things like that with the girls. Some day, when they are my age and have kids of their own, they will think about the fun times they had camping with Mom and Dad. I realized that it is so much more than just camping, but making memories that will last for them (and me), a lifetime.

(pictures from our weekend soon to come)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics