Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #1

Thirteen Things that I am thankful for


1. My family. This includes my kids, my husband, my sister, parents....everyone. I am so blessed to have such a loving supportive family.

2. My mom. I know that she is part of my family and is covered in number 1 above, but I really think she deserves a special mention. She has always been so supportive and loving. She is always there for me and my sister. I don't know what I would do without her.

3. My faith. I truly believe that my faith in God has gotten me through some rough times in my life. I am thankful that I rely on God to get me through.

4. My health. I am so thankful that I am healthy.

5. My families' health. My kids are so healthy and so is the rest of my family. We have had some scares, but so far, nothing that anyone hasn't been able to beat.

6. My friends. I have found some great friends in my mom's group. Everyone is supper nice and helpful. I couldn't ask for a better group of ladies.

7. My job. Yeah, it's a pain sometimes, but overall, I enjoy my job and am thankful that I have the means to go and make money to help support my family.

8. My freedom. We live in the best country in the world. I know it's been awhile, but on one particular election day, I was struck by how lucky we are that we can get out and vote without fear of getting shot or bombed like in other countries.

9. My sense of humor. I seriously think that it helps me to get through life sometimes.

10. Caffeine. Whether this be in coffee or my Diet Coke, as a mother of 2 small children, I don't know where I would be without it.

11. Chocolate. (See number 10.)

12. My pets. I have 2 cats and a dog. It's nice to get the unconditional love from them.

13. The roof over my head. I am thankful that I have a home that I own and a place to go.


These are in no particular order.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

damozel said...

Good for you----it's a blessing to be able to count so many blessings! An inspiring post!

I recommend setting your comments to permit people who don't use blogger to leave a link---as a typepad user, I can't, but we are "Buck Naked Politics."

DAMOZEL

Addicted to crafting said...

we are thankful for many similar things!!!!
God bless you and yours!!!!

Mia Celeste said...

Being grateful is the best way to live. Your post inspires me. Thanks.

Qtpies7 said...

So very true!
I am so thankful for my family, and my home, even if it is falling apart left and right right now, lol. I HAVE a home!

Deb said...

I love your list - and am thankful for many of the same things too, especially #11! LOL :)

 
Clicky Web Analytics