Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Favorite Part of the Weekend

A child sleeping.Image via WikipediaIt's no secret that I am a mom that works full time outside of the home. With Bizydad and I working 40 hours a week, we really look forward to the weekend.

Now that it's getting colder, our weekends are a little more laid back. We do bowl every other weekend, but we don't seem to always be on the go. We spend more time at home, watching movies and playing with the girls.

Since I am away from the girls all week during the day, I do enjoy the extra time with them, but, I won't lie, I think I LIVE for nap time/quiet time. I almost feel guilty admitting that.

My 2 year old still takes a nice long nap. My 3.5 year old fights us, but we put her in our bed and let her watch a movie. Sometimes she sleeps, sometimes she doesn't.

What do we do with that time? Sometimes we nap ourselves. Usually we are each on our lap tops. I don't use the time to clean or anything as I don't want to wake anyone.

Like I said, I almost feel bad saying that I enjoy this time so much, but it's nice to not have someone want something from me for those 2-3 hours. During the week, even though I am at work, people always want something from me. Then I come home, and the kids and Bizydad need stuff from me.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my girls a ton and would do anything and everything for them. I just have always been a person that enjoys my "me" time (who doesn't??).

Right now, the girls are both asleep, Bizydad is off running errands, and I am online and watching the Packer game (in peace). Now if the Packers were winning, it would be a PERFECT afternoon.



Enhanced by Zemanta

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Staci A said...

Don't feel guilty. Whether we're home full time, work full time, or do a mix of the two, we all love naptime! It's nice to have a few minutes of peace in the day, I think we all need that to keep our sanity.

Unknown said...

Don't feel guilty. I love naptime too. Me time is so important and we get so little of it as busy moms.

Princess Hairstyles said...

I don't think you should feel guilty about that AT ALL! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Kim @ What's That Smell said...

I ADORE nap time! Sometimes I even send my son downstairs and let him play Playstation while my daughter naps so I can blog.

 
Clicky Web Analytics