Friday, October 17, 2008

Are you Miranda?

sex & the city


Last Saturday night, my husband and I watched the "Sex & the City" movie (finally!!). After being fans of the show and seeing every episode, I have to say, I LOVED it!!!! I liked it as I watched it, but the more I think about it, I keep deciding that I like it more and more.

One thing got me thinking though....If you know anything about the show/movie and the characters, you know that Miranda is the working mom.

miranda

I don't want to give away too much in case you haven't seen the movie yet, but I couldn't help but relate to her character - the full time working mom trying to do it all.

Sometimes, we all get tired of every day life and are just exhausted. We wonder how we are going to do it all because it feels like we do. I think that all moms whether you work or not feel that way sometimes.

Anyway, something that I learned from her in this movie is that you just have to slow down sometimes and remember the little things - like snuggling before bed or spending time with your partner. Don't forget what brought you together in the first place.

So, slow down and enjoy the snuggles and kisses. The laundry (dishes, grocery list, etc) will wait.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Minxy Mimi said...

I agree, I am a Miranda! (Even tho I dont watch that show...she sounds like me!

Hey, I have a blog award for you on my blog!

Unknown said...

i'm a full time working mom and i hate it! not my job, but the fact that i have to work. i miss my son all day!

Jenni said...

I haven't seen the movie yet! I was thinking of trying to pick it up this weekend!

 
Clicky Web Analytics