Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Morning

The morning didn't start out too bad. I was up in plenty of time…Packed my lunch, got dinner in the crock pot, feed the dog and the cats….We were in no rush. I got the girls dressed and we were even ready early enough that they could sit for a few minutes yet and watch Wow Wow Wubbzy.

Then, it was time to leave. That's when it all went downhill. Brian always helps me put the girls in the car in the morning as it gives him a chance to say goodbye.

He was buckling Riley in so I went and opened the door for Taylor. She is 2 now and is very independent. She has to climb in her car seat herself. That's all fine and good, but lately, she decides that she is going to try to sit in the middle or climb in the front seat. It's all a big game.

When she doesn't listen and I have had enough, I pick her up and put her in her seat. She then proceeds to throw a fit that she wants to climb in her seat. I then explain to her that I was going to let her, but she decided to mess around.

So, she is upset about that. When she is mad and upset, she wants her "rag and nukie". (Let's not turn this into a debate about paci's and stuff please.) She is 2, so we are trying to wean her off the "nukie" during the day right now. We would like for her to just have it at nap time and bed time.

She starts asking for the "rag and nukie". I will admit, I am a sucker and she is my baby, so I give in a lot. (again, don't judge) I decided this morning that I was going to stay my ground and not give it to her. The whole ride to my in-laws she cried. I even tried to tell her that we forgot it at home, but that just made the crying louder.

She kept saying that she "needed" it. I asked her why and she would just say "cause". She did finally settle down when we were about 2 blocks from my in-laws.

Once at my in-laws, she decided once again that she "needed" it. She was not a happy camper when I left. I do not like to leave my children for the day with one of them crying. I saw my mother-in-law take her to the chair to try to rock her and comfort her.

To top things off, Riley was complaining about a stomach ache the whole ride this morning. I got a call around 8:30 that she did throw up. Great…..(at least it wasn't in my car). She has been fine since though, so not sure what that was about.

How was your morning???

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics