Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11



I wasn't going to write anything special today for but decided that I needed to.

I am sure that we all remember where we were and what we were doing. I was at work. I had just checked MSNBC for the headlines and saw that a plane had hit one of the World Trade Center Towers. Like most others, I figured it was an accident - a plane going done or something. Then we heard about the second hit.

We didn't have a tv to watch and honestly, I am probably glad. Those images of the second plane hitting and the Towers eventually falling are just horrific.

Like most others, I was glued to the tv for days after the attacks and watched all the coverage. I even had nightmares for months. I also was never more proud to be American.

I have a friend that I met online that lives in New York. Her law firm had their major office in the Towers. She knew many that lost their lives that day. Each year, she recounts the events of that day. I just can't image how it felt for her.

9/11 has always been a special day for me as it's my dad's b-day. I remember calling him that day. He was bummed that such a terrible event happened on his b-day. Even tonight as I called to wish him a happy birthday, I remembered the events of that day.

It's been 7 years and I hope that there has been some healing for people. I know that we will never forget and some day, when my girls are old enough, I will be telling them where I was on 9/11/01.

God Bless America.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Allison said...

I was 21 when this happen and still a little naive. However last night while watching the History channel I felt like I was watching a horror movie and all the emotions I should have felt that day 7 years ago just poured up, so I turned off the tv and hugged my children while they were sleeping.

Paul Eilers said...

Seems like it was just the other day when the World Trade Center was hit.

My, my how time flies.

And God bless those who lost their lives on that fateful day.

Anonymous said...

I am a NYer. It was a devastating disaster; I could not find the words to do so myself. Thank you for taking a moment to honor those whose lives were taken or forever changed.

BTW- I have nominated you.

 
Clicky Web Analytics