Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My love affair with Diet Coke

The name of this blog is "Confessions of a Diet Coke Addict". Let me tell you how this addiction came to be.

I made the switch to Diet Coke years ago. I would have one or two a day.

My first baby girl, R, was a pretty good sleeper. She had colic, but she still would still go to sleep around 10 or so and sleep until about 6.

Then, when she was 17 months old, I had T. T was a FABULOUS baby, but not so good of a sleeper. I was always exhausted. I am not much of a coffee drinker, so I grabbed the Diet Coke all day long, hoping that the caffine would get me through the day.

12 weeks after T was born, I went back to work. Her sleep didn't get any better. Now I felt like I needed twice the jolt to get me through the day. I have been on the 4 or 5 Diet Coke a Day habit since August of 2006.

Now T is 22 months old and finally sleeping all night most of the time. I am trying to break this bad habit, but I still need that fix first thing in the morning.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics