Wednesday, October 24, 2007

When I was pregnant

Over at Crazy Hip Blog Mamas, they asked us to talk about what it was like when we were pregnant.

Let's see. I have been pregnant twice (duh). Compared to others, I would definitely say that my pregnancies were uneventful. I guess I will talk about the one that started me on the journey to motherhood.

Riley took us about 7 months of trying before we got pregnant. The first 4 we just sort of went w/ the flow but the last 3 we tried a little harder, making sure we "did it" during my most fertile time.

I will spare you the details of how I found out that I was pregnant since that is not what this is really about.

At my first appointment w/ my OB at 12 weeks, he said that I was measuring a little big for only being 12 weeks. He said that I either was pregnant w/ twins or I had some fibroids. We had only found one heartbeat, so he was leaning more towards the fibroids. We scheduled an ultrasound to find out.

Meantime, was feeling pretty good. I was more tired than usual and really sensitive to smells, but that was about it.

At my ultrasound, we only found 1 baby (thank goodness!!) but about 4 fibroids. One was rather large and was blocking my cervix. My OB told me that we would more than likely have to have a c-section. I won't lie, I was relieved because the thought of giving birth to a baby vaginally FREAKED the living daylights out of me.

My fibroids were all on the outside of my uterus, which, I guess if you are going to have fibroids, these are the kind to have. There wasn't much we could do but monitor me and make sure that the baby had enough room to grow.

After this in the beginning, the rest of my pregnancy went smoothly. I had regular ultrasounds and all looked good. I didn't gain much weight. In fact, I lost weight.

At my 20 week ultrasound, we found out we were having a girl. Brian was estatic as that's what he wanted. I had hoped for a boy, but she was healthy, so I was pleased.

That's about it for my pregnancy w/ Riley. Like I said, pretty uneventful. The delivery was a bit more exciting, but that, again, is another post.

Head on over to Crazy Hip Blog Mama's to read more pregnancy stories.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to hear everything worked out well for you in the end...visiting from CHBM!

 
Clicky Web Analytics