Friday, May 1, 2009

Menu for the Week - A Review

Meal PlanningImage by StephanieK. via Flickr

I don't think it's any secret that I am a big fan of meal planning. I am sort of obsessed with it, in fact. You can see some of my meal ideas on my meal planning site.

I have to be honest though, most of my ideas, if not all of them, are recipes and meals from magazines and websites. I honestly find one of the hardest things about cooking to be figuring out what to make so I am always looking for new places to inspire me.

This is why I was excited to have the opportunity to try out Menu for the Week. At Menu for the Week, you are sent a full week of recipes and a shopping list every week. The list is even sent right to you so all you have to do is print the recipes and the shopping list and you are all set!!

All recipes are tried by the owner, Dawn's own family and only recipes that meet the families approval make the lists. They are also kid friendly. Menu for the Week has a large collection of recipes, so your family will never be bored. One recipe each week is also a crock pot recipe.

I was impressed with the site for Menu for the Week from the first time I looked at it. It's simple and easy to navigate. Before signing up for my free 6 month trial I so graciously received to try out, I check out some of the recipes from the free week. All of the recipes seemed easy and sounded very yummy. Since I work all day outside the home, I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so I am always looking for easy and quick.

After signing up for the 6 month subscription, I browsed around the past weeks' plans that were listed. Most of the meals were thing that my family would actually eat and they wouldn't take me all night to cook.

Just like the site says, every Friday you are sent a new menu with recipes and the grocery list. They are sent just to your email. It's so easy!

I have been using the recipes in our weekly menu and so far, they have been easy and my family has loved them - even my two girls that are 4 and 2 and tend to be picky at times.

Overall, I really like Menu of the Week and would recommend it to anyone. It would even make a great Mother's Day gift. You can get your own subscription here.


momfluencebutton






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics