I am trying to do my part to help the environment. While I have a long way to go, I figure little things go a long way such as using natural cleaners, driving my hybrid car, and not using the paper or plastic bags at the grocery store.
I do have some of the boring bags that I purchased at the grocery store, but I will admit, when I was approached to review the shopping bags from EnviroVogue, I jumped at the chance.
EnviroVogue was created by a mom that wanted to do her part for the environment but didn't like the unattractive and poorly designed bags that she had found. She wanted a bag for groceries, but one that was also versatile, durable, functional, and stylish.
The bags are made from woven polypropylene, which is manufactured from recycled plastic bottles and other reclaimed materials. Woven polypropylene is strong and durable, yet flexible. The bags are covered with a high gloss laminate coating that helps the designs to pop and makes them easy to clean with a damp cloth. Prolypropylene is hypoallergenic and non-toxic. When the bags finally wear out, you can recycle them!
I received two of the EnviroVogue bags to review. I received the Pink Dots bag and the Pink Damask (a portion of the proceeds from sales of this bag go to support the Susan G Koman for the Cure organization).
I have to say that I totally love these bags. They are cute and stylish. They are also larger than the bags I bought at my local grocery store, so they hold more. I like that they can be easily cleaned too. These bags are great though because they are so much more than just a shopping bag. You could definitely use them to take items to the beach or really anywhere.
Would you like to try your own EnviroVogue bag? Now is you chance! One of my lucky readers will win their own EnviroVogue shopping bag. Here's how:
- Head on over to the EnviroVogue website and then tell me in the comments which design you like best.
- The contest will run until Wednesday, April 8th at 11:59 pm central. The winner will be selected through random.org and contacted by e-mail. Giveaway open to US winners only.
- Please leave a valid e-mail address or other way to contact you! If the winner hasn’t responded within 3 days, an alternate winner will be chosen by random.org
- If you’d like extra entries, you can:
- Subscribe to my RSS feed or subscribe via e-mail – leave me a separate comment to let me know.
- Mention this contest on your blog with a link back to this post, and leave a separate comment with the link to your post so I can find it.
- Either Twitter about, ‘Stumble’, ‘Digg’ or ‘Kirtsy’ this post – leave me a separate comment with your username at whichever site(s) you chose (one extra entry per method).