Monday, April 20, 2009

Email Management

KeyboardImage by orangeacid via Flickr

My email is out of control at work and at home. I have seen @ResourcefulMom tweet about a one-touch email policy. She even posted about it on her site.

Basically, when you get an email, you just touch it once. If it's an email you feel is worth replying to, do so right away. I don't know about you, but I tend to open my emails as they come in and then leave them, hoping to come back to them later. If you are like me, the likelihood that you come back to that email in a timely manner are very slim.

Starting today, I have decided to adopt this one touch rule. I am not doing so well to be honest. I will keep trying though.

Do you feel overwhelmed by email? Do you think that this might work for you? If you try it out, let me know what you think.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

ParentingPink said...

I like your theory on email management! I need to try that approach ;-)

Cher said...

I am awful with my email! I just set up a folder called To Do and I am sorting through my 1400 emails (and thats only a few weeks worth) and I am deleting or filing. It is so hard to stay caught up!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

That's a great idea. I have so many that come in. I'm going to try that today.

Barbara Schantz said...

I use the flag function in Outlook Express and remove the flag once I've done what I need to do. It works pretty well, but it doesn't cut down on the volume!

Anonymous said...

I will tell you this theory may work. I will have to go read Amy's post next.

Thanks for bringing it to my attn!

@brandyellen

 
Clicky Web Analytics