Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Real Housewives of New York City


Monday afternoon I came down with the stomach flu. As a result, I stayed home from work yesterday. I slept most of the day, but when I wasn't, I got sucked into Bravo's The Real Housewives of New York City.

I have never watched this one before. I have seen the Real Housewives of OC many times and even caught a few episodes of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I think that this is my favorite series of the 3 and here's why:

1. The women all have careers (or at least seem to).

2. They all seem happily married (except for Bethenny who seems a little baby obsessed for a single lady).

3. They all seem pretty involved in their children's lives.

4. You never know what is going to come out of Ramona's mouth.

5. One of the ladies is a Countess. Come on, how cool is that? (and something we ALL can relate to, right?)

6. I love how snobby (and sort of creepy) Alex and Simon are. The episode I saw yesterday where they were so unimpressed with the beaches in the Hamptons cracked me up. I am a bit confused that their boys have French names and they seem so intent on them speaking French. Neither of them is French, right?

7. As I was watching, suddenly this new girl Kelly popped on the scene. Is it me, or does no one really seem to like her? And where did she come from? Maybe I fell asleep and missed that part.

8. I love Jill. I think she is my favorite housewife. Her love for her little dog Ginger is a bit odd, but I get a kick out of her accent and just her personality in general.

I have to say, I am probably now sucked into this show. I will have to set my DVR so that I don't miss any good cat fights.

I believe you can catch new episodes on Tuesday nights at 9 PM central time, but if you get really lucky, you will just find a Real Housewives marathon and possibly waste your whole day watching it.


Enhanced by Zemanta

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics