Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness - Who's in your Final Four?


I will be completely honest with you here...I don't watch basketball all season - until now. I love March Madness. Maybe it's something to look forward to after a long winter or just the fun of talking with everyone to see who they have in their Final Four and talking some smack. I even took my brackets with me to follow along while I was in labor with my oldest (who's b-day is next week).

I have been participating in some sort of NCAA basketball pool since high school. I don't know much about the teams. I sort of go off the standings and then I just guess - sometimes I pick a school because I like their name (like Gonzaga) or because they just always seem to dominate in these tournaments (like North Carolina). I usually do ok - I even won one year.

This year I am in two pools - one at work and one that my sister runs. My mom and my dad participate in my sister's pool, so it's sort of fun to talk with them and compare. I even

TAMPA, FL - MARCH 11:  Bobby Frasor #4 of the ...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

called my mom to let her know that Memphis was losing today knowing full well she had them picked to go all the way. They managed to win, but I got a scolding that I shouldn't scare my mom like that.

So, I won't bore you with my whole brackets, but I will tell you that in one pool I have Louisville taking it all and in the other I have North Carolina.

Do you love March Madness? Who do you have picked to win it all?


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really funny about your mom.

I don't follow sports at all so this is really all completely new and foreign to me.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping Memphis would lose that game because I picked that as one of my upset games. Oh well, I picked Gonzaga to go all the way simply because they have a lot of good players rather than just one or two. They seem feisty too, although they got me a little scared when they started off so slow yesterday. I picked them to win it all. I play in our office pool--we have 109 people in it so the pot is big and they give several cash prizes along the way too. My husband picked is with your mom on Memphis.

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

I didn't do a bracket this year, but am so glad my alma mater, UD won their first game for the first time in 19 years - squee! ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics