Tuesday, November 11, 2008

In honor of Veteran's Day

I decided to take a break at work to read a little news. I clicked on this story.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27578185/

I should have known better. I won't lie, it made me cry right here at my desk.

Tonight when I pick up my girls and take them home, I am going give them extra hugs and kisses. I am going to be patient with my 2 year old when she stands in the kitchen and says "I want…." but can't make up her mind. I play with them instead of thinking I need to clean/do laundry, etc and enjoy the time with them.

Most of all, I will be thankful to God for them and for those that lost their lives defending our country.


(This was written earlier today while I was at work...Just got around to posting it now.)





Enhanced by Zemanta

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Princess Hairstyles said...

How sad. I really need to appreciate my kids more, this has inspired me to do that.

Mrs. L said...

It's crazy what other people have given up. I love the picture of Obama. Great Blog!

Kim @ What's That Smell said...

I don't think people really realize the risks our military folks take and the reasons they do it. We should thank everyone who every served and especially those who lost their lives.

 
Clicky Web Analytics