Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why I haven't been around

Last week we went on vacation. I will share all the exciting details of that, but first, let me explain why I have still not really been around since getting back from vacation.

Well, apparently on Monday night, a pretty bad storm occurred in our neighborhood. A bolt of lightning strike our backyard. He came over to check it out and nothing he could see was visibly damaged.

What it did do was totally mess up the electricity in our house. My mom came over on Tuesday to check on the cats and realized that there was no power. She talked to the neighbor and found out about the lightning.

Long story short, they got the electricity back on for most of the house other than the 'frig and the microwave.

When we got home, we had to deal with all of that. Brian fixed the kitchen electricity right away. Our phone was fried. Our cable didn't work. My desktop was also fried. It was all just a mess. I think that we have finally gotten everything back in order, but it has been a long couple of days.

So, now I have to finish up the laundry and cleaning that I didn't do on the weekend because we were dealing with all of this other crap. After that, life should be back to normal.....I hope.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Irish Mom said...

That happened to me once, I was told your suppose to unplug your desktop if there is a storm or if your going ot be away!! Hope you are able to retrieve anything important!!

 
Clicky Web Analytics