Monday, July 14, 2008

Sometimes I feel like a bad mom...

There are days, like this last Sunday, where my 3 year old will just wear me out. I love her to death, don't get me wrong. Sometimes though, she is just exhausting.

She likes to talk. A LOT. And ask questions. A LOT. And if you don't answer her question right away, she keeps saying it over and over and over and over until you do.

And she LOVES to hear herself talk. She will ask the most silly questions just because she wants to talk. I can tell her that we are going to "Grandma G's" and on the way there, she will ask me a million times where we are going.

I know that children that ask a lot of questions are supposed to be smarter or something (at least that's what a girl at work told me), but when you are the recipient of all those questions, it can make for a LONG ASS day.

Take this last Sunday, for example. My husband and I were just worn out. We both didn't sleep well and I, for one, just felt drained. Anyway, after about half a day of all these questions, I asked Brian if it was bad that my kid wore me out. He just chuckled and said that she wore him out too.

Anyway, this makes me feel bad. I am a working mom. I am away from my children for about 9 hours a day. I am blessed in that family watch them. Sometimes, I think I am strange because I crave some quiet time and alone time away from work and THEM. There are times when I just want to do my own thing and not have someone needing something from me.

I struggle with this guilt sometimes. I know that in order to be a better mom to my girls, I sometimes need a break from them (and them from me), but I still feel bad when we get a sitter or I leave them with Brian when I am not working.

I guess this is just another struggle of motherhood, huh?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Irish Mom said...

My 3 year old loves to play dolls, esp role play. there is always a momma doll & a baby doll (sometimes a daddy). She will sit near me and play dolls and have the baby say, "Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma" When I answer her she says, "oh, not you!!" But she will do it for HOURS!! It drives me nits hearing my name over & over. I am sure I will laugh about it later!!

Anonymous said...

Well, she is just in the talking phase. So hopefully in a year or so she will get tired of talking so much and be a little calmer (yeah, right).

gigi said...

i too am just starting to get the guilties with my 3 year old...esp. since just having another little guy this past april. leaving my boys even for a dinner out with some friends is a struggle for me. i hate to be "that mom" that can't leave her kids behind!

Jenn said...

My son is 4 and is constantly asking questions. Sometimes I find myself getting irritated with him and I just say, "I don't know," and walk away for a minute, LOL! It doesn't make us 'bad' mothers, it just means we need to gain some sanity back!

 
Clicky Web Analytics